|
The end of the year is often a time of many events -- wrapping up business for the year while also wrapping holiday presents. This article presents something you can give to yourself -- something that you can get done during the holiday lull or over some vacation days -- a quick and easy process for examining what you've accomplished in your career this year and where you want to go with it next year.Of course, you may have already done at least some preliminary work on reviewing the year -- especially if your employer hands out year-end bonuses or conducts year-end performance reviews -- and if so, that's a good place to start your year-end review.年底事情多,一边忙着节日送礼,一边还要忙着做年终总结。你可以把这篇文字作为送给自己的一份礼物。你可以挑个节日空闲时间,或者干脆用几天假期对过去一年的工作做个回顾,同时展望一下明年的计划。
你可能已经做过一些基本的回顾了,特别是在老板给你发年终奖的时候,或者是在做全年业绩汇报的时候。如果是这样的话,那就更好了,你可以在此基础上开始你的个人年终工作总结。
Step One: Review Career Goals. Did you set any goals for your career this year -- formally or informally? Most people have some idea of what they want to accomplish next in their careers, such as getting a promotion and/or raise or perhaps achieving better work/life balance. Setting some goals is an important activity because goals help provide the focus you need to move your career forward -- and to avoid distractions or activities that may slow your career progress (or worse, devalue you). So, if you had any goals for this year, answer these questions:第一步:回顾职业目标。今年你有没有为自己定下过职业目标,无论是正式的还是非正式的?大多数人都会为自己的职业定个目标,比如获得升职加薪,或者能更好地平衡工作和生活。设定目标是很重要的,因为它可以使你集中注意力,而不分心,或者减慢你的职业进程(甚至更坏,使你掉价)。如果你曾经为今年的工作定下过目标,那就回答以下几个问题:
* Did I achieve my career goals?
我达到我的职业目标了吗?
* Am I satisfied with what I did relative to my goals?
我对自己做的与职业目标相关的事情满意吗?
* Did anything happen to change my goals over the course of the year?
在过去的一年里,有没有什么事情改变了我的职业目标?
* How should I modify my goals for next year?
Step Two: Review Your Career Year. What have you done this year? This step is about documenting your career progression and identifying key achievements. Thinking about all you've done over the past 11 months or so, ask yourself these questions:我该怎么样去完善我明年的职业目标?
第二步:回顾一年工作。你今年都做了些什么?这一步是用来理清你的职业发展过程的,并且明确你都取得了哪些重要成绩。仔细想想你过去的11个月里都做了哪些工作,或者回答下列问题:
* What have I accomplished?
我取得了哪些成绩?
* What new skills have I acquired?
我学会了什么新的技能?
* What have I learned?
我学到了些什么?
* What opportunities were gained and lost?
我得到了哪些机会,又失去了哪些机会?
* How am I better today than I was at the beginning of the year?
Step Three: Develop Your Career Synopsis. Where are you in your career? Review all aspects of your career and examine where you stand at this juncture. Some questions to ask yourself:现在的我比今年年初的我好在了哪里?
第三步:完善你的职业概要。你处于职业生涯的什么位置?对你的职业生涯进行全面的评估,并且确定你现在所处的位置。你可以问自己下面这些问题:
* Am I where I should be in my career?
我有没有达到自己职业生涯应该达到的位置?
* What has helped or hindered my progression?
是什么帮助了或者阻碍了我的职业发展?
* Am I happy with my current employer?
我对现在的雇主是否满意?
* What are my strengths and weakness?
Step Four:Envision Your Future. What's your next career step? Take some time to plan for next year (and perhaps beyond), picturing the path you want your career to take. Again, here are some questions to help you:我的优势和劣势是什么?
第四步:展望你的职业前景。你职业生涯的下一步是什么?花点时间制定明年(甚至更长远)的计划,在脑中画出一幅你未来职业生涯的蓝图。这里也为你准备了一些问题:
* What do I want to be doing more of in my career?
在接下来的工作中,我要多做些什么?
* What do I want to be doing less of in my career?
在接下来的工作中,我要少做些什么?
* What's the next step in my career?
我职业生涯的下一步是什么?
* When should I be taking this next step?
我什么时候要迈出下一步?
* What's my ideal/ultimate career dream?
Step Five: Action Steps for Your Future. How will you get to that future career? Make a list of what you need to do -- career goals for the coming year -- to get to where you want to be next in your career. These might be things such as building your network, gaining additional experiences, changing employers, strengthening your career brand, or pursuing additional training/education/certifications. Questions to ask yourself:我最终的职业梦想是什么?
第五步:如何行动完成未来规划。你要如何完成未来职业规划?列张表,写清楚你要做些什么,也就是你明年的职业目标,你明年想要达到职业生涯的哪一阶段。这些事情包括建立你自己的交际圈,获得更多的经验,换老板,强化你的职业品牌,或者参加更多的培训、学习,多获得些资格证书。问自己这些问题:
* What do I need to prepare myself for this next step?
要达到下一步,我要做些什么准备?
* Do I need to find a new employer to make the next step?
要达到下一步,我是不是应该换一个雇主?
* How do I position myself for this next step?
Step Six: Share Your Career Vision. Are your career goals and action plans feasible? Schedule a meeting with your mentors and to get reactions to your plan, as well as advice for achieving it.对于下一步,我是如何给自己定位的?
Final Thoughts第六步:分享你的职业愿景。你的职业目标和行动计划是否可行?和你的导师约个时间,看看别人对你的计划作何回应,也听听他们的意见。
结语
Once you've completed these six steps, you should not only know yourself and your career better, but have some specific goals and action steps to help you progress along a career plan.
一旦你完成了以上六步,你不但对自己和自己的职业生涯有了一个更好的了解,而且为接下来的职业规划确定了明确的目标和行动步骤。
|
评分
-
查看全部评分
|