安规网

找回密码
 注册安规
安规论坛 | 仪器设备 | 求职招聘 | 国家标准 公告 | 教程 | 家电 | 灯具 | 环保 | ITAV 签到 充值 在线 打卡 设备 好友| 帖子| 空间| 日志| 相册
IP淋雨机 | 证书查询 | 规范下载 | 资质查询 招聘 | 考试 | 线缆 | 玩具 | 标准 | 综 合 红包 邮箱 打卡 工资 禁言 分享| 记录| 道具| 勋章| 任务
水平垂直燃烧机 | 针焰 | 灼热丝 | 漏电起痕
IP防水防尘设备|拉力机|恒温恒湿|标准试验指
灯头量规|插头量规|静风烤箱|电池设备|球压
万年历 | 距端午节还有
自2007年5月10日,安规网已运行
IP淋雨设备| 恒温恒湿箱| 拉力机| 医疗检测设备沙特Saber 埃及COI 中东GCC|CoC直接发证机构水平垂直燃烧机|灼热丝|针焰试验机|漏电起痕试验机
灯头量规|试验指|插头插座量规|灯具检测设备耐划痕试验机|可程式恒温恒湿试验箱 | 耦合器设备广东安规-原厂生产-满足标准-审核无忧
查看: 1183|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[短文] 拒绝平庸,中国年轻一代渴求上位

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2012-5-10 11:09 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
广东安规检测
有限公司提供:
Having started my career in Silicon Valley, I had taken it for granted that to lead is to set the right goals and motivate employees to achieve them with the right incentives and the right work environment. My experience in China, however, has seen much to the contrary.
由于最初在硅谷的工作经历,我理所当然的以为指导职员就是为他们树立正确的工作目标,通过合适的激励手段和良好的工作环境来激发他们的工作热情,最后实现这些目标。然而,在中国的经历彻底推翻了这种想法。
My first real job in China was at a startup in Beijing. The founders worshipped management by cheerleading. At the beginning and end of each day, the CEO would get the staff together for pep-talk sessions. He would extol the company`s grand vision and how wonderfully we had been hitting the numbers (despite the opposite reality); then we would have to put our hands together and cheer our company name loudly in sync. Any doubt of the company`s management would be greeted by smiling yet insistent group criticism sessions.
我在中国的第一份工作始于BeiJing的一家新创业公司。公司创办者们崇尚"啦啦队"式管理。每天上下班时分,总裁都会召集员工发表例行演讲,给大家加油打气。他会描绘一番公司在业务上的光辉前景,表扬我们所取得的成就是多么令人惊叹(尽管事实并非如此);然后大家把手叠在一起,齐声高呼公司的名字。表面上,公司欢迎任何对于管理上的疑问,而实际上他们总会采用各种“威逼利诱”让你改变看法。
My next job was at one of the biggest Chinese Internet companies, which revolutionized China`s Internet industry. The charismatic CEO had assembled a team of young followers who took to heart his vision of creating jobs for the hardworking.
我的第二份工作是在一家在知名网络公司,它曾掀起过中国互联网行业革命。那位极具个人魅力的首席执行官集结了一批年轻追随者,他们谨记他“勤劳的人才有工作”的观点。
The problem was, the CEO launched wave after wave of new grand projects, aiming to yet again turn the status quo upside down. Employees identification with the company`s core value - willingness to follow orders and embrace "change" - was religiously evaluated. Experienced management staff hired from outside left, one by one.
然而问题在于,这位执行官开展了一波波新项目,以期再次彻底革新现状。同时公司的核心价值观要求员工必须--自愿服从指示并勇于创新,其执行程度将被严格评估。那些外聘的有经验的管理人才相继离职。
Last fall I joined an American Internet company to help them set up shop in China. I am not charismatic or visionary, how do I lead?
去年秋天,我加入了美国一家网络公司,帮他们在中国成立分部。既不具备领袖魅力也没有深刻洞察力的我,要怎么领导别人呢?
My staff, however, mostly did it for me. Even though I have never asked them to work over the weekend, they would come into the office to finish the tasks at hand voluntarily. One of my favorite team leaders, Ann, came to talk to me last week. She said she needed better-defined goals. I asked whether she could finish the annual target I assigned to her last quarter? She said of course. So I doubled the target. Ann did some quick calculations on her notepad. No problem, she said, I can do it.
出乎意料的是,员工们为我分担了不少工作。尽管我从未要求在周末加班,他们也会主动来办公室完成手头上的任务。上周,我最为器重的团队领导人之一,Ann,和我进行了一次谈话。她说她需要重新设定一下工作目标。于是我问她是否能完成我上一季度交给她的年度目标,她说没问题。我对此表示怀疑,于是她拿出笔记本电脑在上面迅速演算。“没问题,”她说,“我能完成。”
People like Ann constantly amaze me - they seem to be burning with an energy to learn and to work, the like of which I had only observed in my colleagues in Silicon Valley during the heydays of the dotcom boom. Several of my key staff, including Ann, had told me that they expect a winning team to be one that is so dedicated to their goals that the team members do not have any personal life.
像Ann这样的人常常让我感到吃惊--他们似乎总是对工作学习充满了激情--这种激情我只在互联网如日中天的时候在硅谷同事的身上见过。团队里的几个核心成员,包括Ann,告诉我他们希望自己所在的团队是个目标高于一切的常胜团队,团队成员甚至不需要任何个人生活。
I, as a boss, actually had to remind them to maintain a work-life balance, to grow professionally in addition to finishing what I assigned them.
而身为老板的我不得不提醒他们注意工作与生活的平衡,在完成既定目标之外不忘增强自身专业度。
They are slowly learning. They still tend to look up to me for answers. And I know that it would be premature to expect from them an extremely innovative team like the ones I was used to in Silicon Valley. Yet I am confident about them, I believe that increasingly the young hardworking in China treasure the opportunities to be coached, to learn and to grow, rather than simply being led.
他们在逐渐学习着,不时会向我请教。我知道现在就指望他们像我曾经所在的那支硅谷团队一样极富创意还为时过早。但我仍对他们充满信心,我越来越相信这些努力工作的中国年轻人会珍惜每一个锻炼机会,不断学习成长,而不仅仅只是“被领导”。

沙发
 楼主| 发表于 2012-5-10 11:16 | 只看该作者
They are slowly learning. They still tend to look up to me for answers. And I know that it would be premature to expect from them an extremely innovative team like the ones I was used to in Silicon Valley. Yet I am confident about them, I believe that increasingly the young hardworking in China treasure the opportunities to be coached, to learn and to grow, rather than simply being led.
板凳
发表于 2012-5-10 11:16 | 只看该作者
然而现实中平庸的人却太得多了。虽然拒绝,但现实让偿不得不承认哟
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册安规

本版积分规则

关闭

安规网为您推荐上一条 /1 下一条

QQ|关于安规|小黑屋|安规QQ群|Archiver|手机版|安规网 ( 粤ICP13023453-10 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 22:23 , Processed in 0.129530 second(s), 19 queries .